Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bukit Tabur Checked

Finally I check-in Bukit Tabur. I have always wanted to do so but somehow the plans didn't materialise until recently. It turned out to be a blardy awesome climb. I've read a bit about it, to which I immediately got interested by the sort of slopes the mountain has to offer. As a matter of fact, it exceeded my expectations. I really love its wavy ridgeline, ascending a slope on one side, descending on the other side of it, cross over to another up-slope and then repeat the same procedures of ascending, descending and crossing over. Some are drastic enough to bring about some adrenaline rush of you.



There were some other groups of people climbing with us too. But yea it wasn't that crowded than I had expected. We still had space to rest, camwhore and what not. The air was amazingly fresh. The bird view wasn't spectacular particularly as the mist was kind of thick. I was nearly deceived into thinking that I was hiking in my dream at first. It's a beautiful sunny day. All converged to an enjoyable climb.






We started climbing at 730, when the sun was already half way hanging up in the sky. Nope, we didn't get up from bed late. We just thought it'd b safer to walk without having our vision impaired in a region where we've barely known of. We made a round trip in 3.5 hours, didn't rush for anything. The climb was not  without risk. The rocky ridge can get very narrow at some stretches. Also, there are high degree of inclinations to go up against. So, pay close attention to every steps you take, I'm pretty sure the risk is virtually nil. We did suffer several minor cut though. 




         

A group of 4, easy enough to manage



A misty morning


Bukit Tabur, definitely an awesome spot for a little adventure around KL. I'm in love with hiking even more thereafter. =)

No comments: