Thursday, June 16, 2016

I do think that I am living like a nomad

The past few weeks I have been jumping around different places, although I'm not in the midst of backpacking or anything.

I finished my hitch working my ass off in Labuan at the end of May. I hopped to Kota Kinabalu to visit the Kadazandusun Cultural Association (KDCA). It was in conjunction with Hari Keamatan, for the Kadazan and Dusun. Stayed a night at KK town, and moved onto a road trip to Kundasang & Ranau. Stayed a night at the homestay at Kundasang, enjoying the greenery and fresh air, as it's rainy. Looking at the extent of damage to the Gunung Kinablau due to the quakes last year, it's frightening and saddening. Went visiting Kinabalu Park and feeding squirrels.

Flew back to KL, stayed a night or two, and made a road trip to Penang with hometown friends. Stayed two nights in Penang. Literally felt agonized having whacked up too many of food. Visit to a Thai temple, where there is a Buddha statue, to which you can ask for grant of wish from Buddha. More info. Drove back to KL and stayed a night.

Drove back to hometown. Drove my mom to Ipoh for a check up at KPJ hospital. Hope the treatment will get her better. So happened my brother was home too. Stayed three/four nights. Attended a wedding of a friend of my primary schoool, Li Qian or the flower of the class.

Drove parents to KL. Stopped by Sekinchan for lunch. Drove my brother to airport, from where he flew back Singapore. The next day, drove my parents to airport again, sending off my sister who is furthering her degree studies in Scotland. Pretty teary scene. Wakaka....

Drove parents to Bukit Tinggi French village, Colmar Tropicale. Luckily they found it fun there. Drove them to Genting Highland.

Next week, I'm heading to Singapore for a week of training.

and after next week...no idea.

So yea....This is definitely one of the an unprecedented level of mobility. I'm so mobile, that I haven't slept over the same bed for over a week. And yea, it's fun and I'm burned out....









No comments: