Thursday, April 16, 2009

Today...

Today...erm...kinda eventful!

I had been engaged the whole morning, and yea I got a task completed. Well, it's fair to say that it's kinda my very first assignment. It will be jigsaw-ed into the pilot project. Hopefully Landmark can win the contract. Mission accomplished, of course I felt good.

One of my colleagues, Siti who is a G&G support analyst is quitting her job. While many have been laid off, she fires the company. Well, she actually has a sound reason, which is to take care of her parent-in law, as her hubby is going to fly to India for half a year. Although I don't have much interaction with her, it's still a sensible loss to me as I am not very much close to others either. For farewell celebration, we went to Madam Kwan's Restaurant for lunch. Apparently the food are overpriced. A nasi lemak costs RM12, but it's claimed to be their signature dish. I had a stupid Chicken-Wantan Mee for RM19 alone (including tax) - a very unsatisfactory rate considering the portion and the tastiness of food! Some had the Nasi Bojari, which seemed to be not bad, came with "handsome" drumstick at RM 19 each (excluding tax). So long I got a choice, I wouldn't like go back. In the evening, someone dedicated her a S.R chocolate cake as a token of farewell. So, everybody got to eat!

Routinely, I went for futsal with colleagues in the evening. Had some sudaneses to join us. They played fast game which punctured out all of the Landmark-ers. After that, went Suzi's Corner for diner. I said before, Suzi serves one of the best steak in the town. But I wasn't that willing to spend more than 50 on a casual day. By maths, the steak is about RM30. I'm earning very very "thin" salary. I really had to say no, give me a grilled fish please, which is still RM 12. Sweat...

On my way back to condo, a guy was kinda pissing me off lar...He, hiphop-ly dressed up, was driving a myvi, a modified myvi installed with an awesome audio system. He had song on deafening loud that I clearly heard that song, which is by Akon. I felt displeased seeing his LANSI face but I have to say his audio system was fairly good in projecting the beats---boom boom boom...

Tomorrow is friday --- so long "awaited" and so lovely!

3 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

madam kwan is definitely overpriced due to tons of customers that are encouraging them to do so. who else to blame?

Chemhoster said...

Well, good business doesn't necessarily allow them to increase pricing. The restaurant's operators should have business ethic and integrity for customers. However, ethical business people is like endangered species...(hard to find)

But it's true that there are so many people patronizing Madam Kwan. Sometimes, it's observed that a line of people waiting outside for their call to get a table. WTH...as tough "mahal" doesn't bother them even a little.

Johnny Ong said...

a grp of my frens went to their klcc branch once. after queueing up for so long, my frens then said "wah, expensive la" when they sat down to place orders.

that too, they knew beforehand haha